A fairy tale ending? or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.

jobmitsuo

Baseband Member
So a few months ago my 6800gt died on me... for seemingly no reason... sitting there casually playing a game that that i've had for months and such when out of nowhere the damned thing reboots... but rather then booting the BIOS the thing beeps at me... i come to find out the sequence of beeps i heard meant that the mobo could no longer detect a video card/device etc...

i do some testing, come to find out it's my video card that fried... i had kinda prefered it were the mobo cause it would have given me an excuse to upgrade most my hardware... lol

i begin to worry about the warranty and such. I've had the thing for a few years, bought it the december after the release of the 6800 model. Well, somehow i get through a loophole. I contact them and they preceed to tell me it's still under warranty, when according to the paperwork that came with the card pointed to the fact that eVGA no longer would support it. Well i didnt bother asking any questions. Thought, "hey if they'll replace it for free, whatever." So i send my old baby in for an RMA...

I wait.

One day the i get a package. And inside is not my 6800gt... but a brand spankin new 7800gs. I assume one of two thing must have happened. Either they screwed up. Or they no longer support the specific 6800gt model i had and just gave me the next best thing.

So... thought maybe someone here could shed some light on this... I got my money on the second possibility. I havent paid much attention to the videocard race since i last was in the market to buy one. But everything i've read says that the 7800gs is better in every possible way, and worth far more on the market. So i was a little surprised they'd simply go ahead and hand a new one over like that without a peep.

The 7xxx series is pretty complete from budget to high end cards. I don't see any reason why any company would still want to produce 6xxx series.

Therefore, I'm sure they would realize that if they sent you a 6200 or something less than what you had, you'd have something to say about it. As you thought, they probably didn't have any 6800GTs left.

And if you need a little more confirmation, the 7800GS is much better:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom