Graphics/Monitor problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

tetlow_63

Baseband Member
When I boot my PC, nothing comes up on the monitor apart from the following message: 'No Signal Input, try Video Cable', or something to that effect.

I have tried with both VGA and DVI cables, with the same result, can anyone tell me what might be wrong?

Thanks.

could be a number of things. could you please give a full description of when the problem occured i.e. has the computer worked before, any hardware changes, at what point does this appear on screen?

could be a video card problem or if you've just built your pc it's likely that you haven't connected the "P4" pin (small 4 pin power connector) to the motherboard or the pci-e power (6 pin power connector) to the graphics card.

I bought a PC from an OEM, but they put the wrong CPU, so I sent it back to have it changed. Now it has returned it will not work. It boots up fine, and I can feel the air from the GPU fan, so that seems to be working. It happens as soon as I turn on the monitor, the error message comes up, then after a few seconds, it goes into standby.

Have you opened the case? Have you checked the seperate 4pin p4 connector like nite stick suggested? More than likely the motherboard is toast. Call the OEM and then send it back.

The Graphics Card wasn't pushed fully into the PCI-E slot, I should have noticed really. Thanks for your help!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom