Computer Will Not Start -- Please Help

Status
Not open for further replies.

EarthSix

Beta member
Hello everyone,

I turned off my computer to change the motherboard. When I installed the new motherboard, the computer will not power on; in fact, nothing works. Everything was connected via the new motherboard's manual. The power supply light is on but that's it. To test to see if I had a defective new motherboard, I reinstalled the old motherboard; however, the same problem persists: the computer will not start, none of the components in the computer work, and the power supply light is the only functioning "device." I suspect my power supply has died, which would be disappointing because I purchased this PSU (Thermaltake Purepower 600 Watt) one month ago at Radio Shack.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions and advice on how to resolve this problem.

The power supply is a good start. If you have a spare lying around, switch them out and see what happens. Also, you say you purchased that psu one month ago, try taking it back if you still got the receipt.

It was indeed the PSU that was the problem. A new PSU works, as well as all the components.

Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom