Overclocking question

Status
Not open for further replies.

tommy8748

In Runtime
I recently oc'd my AMD 3700 from 2.2ghz to 2.8ghz. All i changed was the multiplier to 11 and FSB speeds. Voltages are set to auto and everything seems to run fine. A lot of ocers say to change voltages. Should I still change them if everything seems to run stable?

I ran Prime95 and it gave me 1 error, becuase it was off by 1 integer.

CPU temps are fine as well.

You're doing this with the stock HSF? If yes then you probably got a good chip. Why not get an aftermarket like zalman, you can take it further.

I can probably get 3.0 out of it but with high temps w/ a stock cooloer. The reason why I don't get an aftermarket cooler is because the cpu is fine at 2.2 and 2.8 is pushing it. If I get it up to 3.0 then that's just being greedy.

tommy8748 said:
I can probably get 3.0 out of it but with high temps w/ a stock cooloer. The reason why I don't get an aftermarket cooler is because the cpu is fine at 2.2 and 2.8 is pushing it. If I get it up to 3.0 then that's just being greedy.

The word "greedy" does not exist in a overclocker's vocabulary

:D

If it's completely stable and you say theres not that much temperature change at 2.8, then why not go for it. But go slowly towards it.

yeah, as long as you are willing, the CPU is stable, and the temps are fine, there isnt a reason to stop really.

I seriously doubt it will be stable at 3.0GHz with stock VCore, so be prepared to up it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom