Norton Ghost 2001 Help...

Status
Not open for further replies.

t13

Beta member
Hi all,

I used Norton Ghost 2001 to clone my existing 180GXP(old) to the 7K250(new) Hdd. Both Hdd are of 120GB capacity.

I selected the 180GXP(old) as the source drive and the 7K250(new)as the destination drive , and then proceeded to clone the drive. When asked to confirm to overwrite the destination drive, I clicked "OK"... within 10 seconds of clicking "OK", the programme finished the operation. I was then prompted to restart the computer by the programme (i think).

I was sceptical of the operation done as I expected the 120GB to 120GB to take longer than 10 seconds(a least 1 hour perhaps?)

The system booted up using the 180GXP(old) Hdd but it indicated non system disc... damn. Had a feeling the cloning was done wrongly.

I then tried to salvage whatever data I had in the 180GXP(old) Hdd. I installed win98se OS on the 7K250(new) and booted up using it. When I tried to view the 180GXP(old) Hdd, there was nothing in it.

Is there anyway I can salvage my 100-120gb worth of data inside? Can't stomach losing my data to such a stupid act of mine...

Sincerely appreciate any help rendered...

I'm sorry man. But It looks like you took the wrong image to the wrong drive. I dont think recovery disks will help at all. Does anyone know of any software (play or pay) that can read a drive without it's structure. I have a piece but by law I can't give it out.

-Mike

if it's what i think it is mike, just send this guy a PM. if this is something else that i think it is, send me a PM too.

mikesgroovin said:
I'm sorry man. But It looks like you took the wrong image to the wrong drive. I dont think recovery disks will help at all. Does anyone know of any software (play or pay) that can read a drive without it's structure. I have a piece but by law I can't give it out.

-Mike

well, i don't think it is entirely my fault though.

Source disk = Old(full of data) Hard Disk

Destination disk = New(empty) Hard Disk

And yet Norton Ghost clones the New Disk onto the Old Disk instead... shucks.

You can try EasyRecovery Professional from Ontrack Data. This is by far one of the best!

-Mike

mikesgroovin said:
You can try EasyRecovery Professional from Ontrack Data. This is by far one of the best!

-Mike

do you have any experience with Go Back 3 by Roxio or FinalData?

Did anyone have a worthwhile solution to this problem? I’m in the same boat. I did exact same as the originator of the thread. Exact Same!! Those damn words source and destination got me too. I copied a blank / empty (brand new) HDD onto my data drive. I read that it’s ‘just’ the Partition Table (PT) and File Allocation Table (FAT) that’s gone to data heaven but that as good as telling me I can no longer work with a monitor. Anyone able to help me? Bob Rix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom