Changing taskbar to look pretty!

Status
Not open for further replies.

zHunter

Solid State Member
Hi, was wondering if you could help. I've got a new office workstation and it has windows xp pro. The taskbar is the windows classic style, which I hate. Does anyone know how to change it without access to display control panel? Whenever I access the display it says "Your system administrator disabled the display control panel". I don't want to bother the system admins over something so trivial, I'd look stupid. So does anyone know an alternative way of changing the taskbar to windows xp style? I can't add or edit keys in the registry by the way.

JinkX said:
try installing themes then ..

I would try that. Right click on the desktop, select proerties, and then you have a dropdown menu where you can select a new theme. Of course your admin may have restricted this too. In which case I think you are out of luck.

zHunter said:
"Your system administrator disabled the display control panel".
You won't be able to change anything without admin rights to your PC --- it was locked down for a reason, so your SOL. :)

Bah, I was hoping there may be a backdoor way in? like I managed to turn on cleartype fonts using microsoft's website.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom