AMD issues/concerns

Status
Not open for further replies.

ledzppln6

Beta member
I recently switched from a p4 2.8 ghz to the athlon 64 x2 4400+ in hopes of increased gaming performance. Although the games run smooth, Doom 3 runs no where near what I read it would run at as far a frames per second

My System:
Amd Athlon 64 x2 4400+
1 gig of ram
BFG Geforce 6800 GT
MSI K8N Neo Platinum 2 Motherboard
Sound Blaster Audigy 2 zs gamer edition

I'm currently running Doom 3 at only about 55 frames per second, it doesn't make a difference if i run it on high or medium for some reason. I was wondering if there's something I haven't installed or am not doing with my hardware, or if that's the max performance I'll ever be able to get with it, any help would be appreciated.

do you have the newest drivers for you board and vid card installed? Video card will make a bigger diffenence in fps than cpu.

I got all the latest nvidia drivers for both my video card and my board (being as the board uses the nforce 3 chipset)

ya.. open gl games are just weird... just like in quake 4 when i played ultra quality 2xAA... and no aa, it made almost no difference on fps hit on my 7900gt/x1900xt

Just reinstalled all those drivers in the order specified, did a time demo at 54.8 seconds with doom 3...i know somethign has to be wrong because my brother's running a sempron machine with the bfg geforce 6600, and on medium he can get almost 95 frames per second...even with this machine on medium i still get only 55

yours brothers machine must be on like 800X600 resolution cuz that seems a bit high, check your resolution and anyways, theres nothing wrong with 55 fps on high settings

I'm just concerned because i thought my system would be capable of much more impressive benchmarks than what I'm seeing

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom