Empty My Recycle Bin?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Replikant said:
No they said it's better to have something on the drive than very little.

More files, more fragmented files then your hard drive performance decrease. That's why you always need to defragment NTFS partition often, especially with many large files. You can empty your recycle bin if you don't need the files or folder anymore, this doesn't really delete the files or folder, it just open up that spot for a new file to take place. Deleted files and folder are recoverable until the spot they used to inherit is overwritten. ItÂ’s ok to empty your recycle bin when you donÂ’t need the files or folders anymore.

Replikant said:
No they said it's better to have something on the drive than very little.

no thats wrong. the more files you have the more fragmented the drive and the slower it is. i would like to talk to this person you heard that from lol.

good question

It does seem to take up alot of space. also take alot to continually empty the trash.

Should i do this? Takes up a fair amount of space on my drive C. (Reply non-technically please). Thanks.

we have answered your question at least 5 times now. Empty it!! just make sure you dont have anything u need in there. and what do you mean it "also take alot to continually empty the trash" all you do is right click it and press empty recycle bin.

Bud, you have confused me with Franke1, no doubt because he quoted
my post but without quotation marks. Note also that the answers have not been consistent. However the consensus seems to be that it's (probably) safe for me to empty it. Enough said.

Replikant said:
(Reply non-technically please). Thanks.
Law said:
More files, more fragmented files then your hard drive performance decrease. That's why you always need to defragment NTFS partition often, especially with many large files. You can empty your recycle bin if you don't need the files or folder anymore, this doesn't really delete the files or folder, it just open up that spot for a new file to take place. Deleted files and folder are recoverable until the spot they used to inherit is overwritten. ItÂ’s ok to empty your recycle bin when you donÂ’t need the files or folders anymore.

lol, :p:D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom