should i wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
The General said:
That motherboard you put in your wishlist is the same one I use with my E6600. You won't be doing much overclocking with it, but I managed to get my E6600 up to X6800 speeds (2.93Ghz) but that was about as much as I could give it.

And if I were you I'd save $70 on that powersupply and go with the one I suggested, that way you could get a better monitor. 17" is really really small.

well i choose a 700w cuz as u know the MoBo has SLI, and when i put in the secobd card i dont wanan stress anything out.

am i wrong on this?

?

oh and imma spend an extra $30 to pic up this

anything wrong with that. i read somewhere that BF and BF2142 do not support widescreen, does that mean i can play those games at all on a widescreen??

KBlair said:
Well, Intel's Core 2 Duo just beat out all the competition. Period. They started almost from scratch with this processor (Loosely based on the Pentium M, except much more powerful.). They made it more efficient than the Pentium D (Although they're not related), shared the L2 cache so that the cores could communicate better with each other, reduced power consumption with the 65nm process, and overall, better than AMD's line. To date, AMD has not released an "answer" to the Core 2 Duo.
actually, the Core 2 Duo's are based on the Core Duo's (a desktop adaptation), which are based on the Pentium M's (designed to be power efficient for laptops), which are based off Pentium 3's.

replaced the PSU,RAM,and monitor

RAM

PSU

and the widescreen monitor mentioned before.

2 questions: wat do u guys think of all of it, everything compatible? and when i put in the 2nd graphic card do u guys thing ill need a 700w psu or can i save a lil money and get a 600w?

You don't need 700w, get the 600w OCZ GameXStream, or the 550w ModStream.

Unless you plan on having every slot filled with a card, 8 harddrives, 4 DVD writers and work them all at onces, then you really don't need more than 600w.

That powersupply is good, but it's too much, you could put that money elsewhere.

That RAM is good.

Get the Windows XP Pro Upgrade Academic Version. Just use an old copy of like Windows 2000 when you're prompted for an older version. It's only $85. Save a lot of money this way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom