Files Wont Delete

Status
Not open for further replies.

King X13

Daemon Poster
i have 2 picture files on my home computer, they are blank, there is no preview and they are only 90k, but wont delete. you right click on them there is no properties menu even. 3 different virus scans dont pick them up. in safe mode i still cant delete them. it just acts like i didnt even press the button. tried to delete them in dos and dos tells me access is denied. any ideas ?

thanks alot.

You can use something like a Linux Live CD to delete the files.
I think you can access the HD with the UBD also.

Have you tried moving the Files? Or cutting them?

its crazy cuz when you right click on them you have almost no menu, no copy and paste, no rename, no properties etc. it doesnt even show up to add to archive like win rar does on all my other files. even when i use keyboard shortcuts it doesnt respond.

UBCD you ment right? tried that my access is denied to these files in every way possible, im almost positive that these are 2 virus files but nothing picks them up.

anyone know of a program or way to delete a file regardless of permissions?

thanks for your responeses, it is a slaved drive already, ive run extensive spyware procedures but all access to these files are denied by every program i have.

And yeah Superdave that link you sent of that other user is my same problem, and like he said when you right click it none of your menu options are there only a few that dont help any.

the part that sucks is its a 260 gig drive that is separated from my C drive that is just for files so wiping the whole thing apears to be my only option but thats gonna be a lot of dvds to back up all my files.

try this:

Start-Run-cmd

Type:

cd\

At the c:\ prompt cd to the dir that the files are in, type the following:

attrib -r -a -s -h *.*

then try deleting all the files in that dir by typing

del /f *.*

The /f switch will force delete files with read-only attribute (just in case) The files should delete. You should do the same thing if there are any subdirectories.

You could try deleting it in recovery console if you can boot with the CD or if on XP just go download the 6 bootable floppy..or use a Win98 startup disk and try deleting from DOS.

good stuff kpmwrestler!! thanks alot worked like a charm. thanks everyone for your suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom