pqservice eisa partition

Status
Not open for further replies.

compboy

Beta member
pqservice eisa configuration problem

hi,

i bought an acer aspire 1620 with 80gig hdd,of which there is a partition about 2gig called pqservice (eisa configuration). my query, is there a possibility to transfer the partition or extract it to a bootable dvd, so that instead of system recovery from the hard disk (in case my hard disk be damaged)i can recover from a dvd disk?please tell me how. thanks.

Acer notebooks should come with a software call NTI backup NOW! that will make an image of your current partition to CD's or a DVD. You can always use Norton Ghost or some other form of imaging.

As for the hidden partition, you can't see it in XP because it's a primary partition, you'll need Partition Magic to view the contents of the partition, but I'm not sure if it can backup that partition to a DVD. I would try calling Acer and see if it's possible, I have an Acer notebook also with the recovery partition, but I made a backup of my current OS to some DVDs.

thanks a lot law!

just managed to backup the pqservice to a norton ghost image on a dvd disc. now my hdd in my opinion is unusable. when i start my laptop and press fn+f10 for hdd recovery during POST, nothing happened. i think i need to buy a new hdd since the warranty of my unit has expired. i just hope i can restore from my backup dvd.

thanks again. appreciate it. :)

Hi again!

Bought a new 80gb hdd for my laptop. I successfully managed to restore the pqservice eisa partition from my old hdd to the new hdd using 2003 norton ghost's 'restore computer from Ghost image file' using the file from my dvd backup. The problem, during POST, pressing fn+f10 won't bring me to the acer self configuration preload to restore my computer to its original setting. Are there any steps that I missed or didn't do something right? Please help I need it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom