keyboard not working after putting computer together...

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you can install the OS, then update Bios in Windows... try that. If it doesn't work, look for support docs on mobo to see if you can put the board in some sort of configuration or maintenance mode by changing the jumper settings. Reset CMOS perhaps?

Well I can't get pass the screen where it says press DEL to continue. So I'll try resetting the CMOS.

OK I resetted the CMOS, and I managed to get my hands on a USB keyboard.....plugged it in...turned it on. Still the buttons don't respond.
So now what?

what version of windows are you running do you know?

and in all honesty i would just say to screw it. if you tried a few simple steps and nothing, its prolly shot. if its as old as you say it is its not even worth fixing IMO.

It's XP. That really sux though....because everything works except that dam keyboard port.

No, when I turn it on, the first thing I see is a black screen that does a memory test....then on the bottom it says "Press DEL to go to setup". Something like that but I can't get pass it.

hmm its shot...if you cant get to safe mode or anythign like that theres really not that much you could do...all i can say is reset the CMOS and update the BIOS....if nothing works after that your pretty much screwed

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom