Omg This Widescreen Is Huge!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexsabree

Fully Optimized
Right now im gaming with this puny 15'' lcd screen that i got from my old dell build (500:1 contrast ratio/1024-768)

Now i am getting a widescreen....
i am planning on getting this one.
http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=2450734&Tab=0&NoMapp=0

It is a 19'' widescreen monitor with a much better contrast ratio, brightness, response time, and size in general.

But while i was thinking about how big it would be on my desk i got an idea.. i got the specs of how big the screen is and measured and taped together pieces of paper to make the same exact size 17.8" x 13.1" x 7.9" (including the stand which is like 3 to 4 inchs in) Height

And i compared it to the size of my current monitor on my desk, and well it is HUGE!! omg im hooked, i didnt know it was that big. I checked my measurements twice, and i checked other sites

I know this doesnt seem to be a big deal with u guys :D, but to me, wow, im shocked... for some reason i always think that my stuff is like top of the line, even when i should know its not:rolleyes:

But now for the questions,
Is it 2 good to be true?
Is this company ligit?
Should i Get this monitor

eh i would go for it......seems to be fine to me. im sure the monitor would work fine.....it is a great deal. i am looking at it too..... ive been needing a new monitor. i bought an off brand one about 3 years ago and it has never failed me, its just 15 inch an im looking to get something bigger. so yea i would go for it.

there's a 22 acer...I was going to get...so I plan to buy...and when I do, newer tech might come out, and/or it might drop in price...so I will get an even bigger one...ad infinitum :D

see if you can find a nice dell 20" widescreen on ebay or for sale forums.. can usually get a decent price on those and they are very good image quality/response times etc.

anyone have any experience with LG lcds??

they seem a little pricier, but maybe it's worth it.

gmanych said:
19' isnt that big... 22" or 24" is

compared to a 15''

its huge

+ im saving 100 for a headphone amplifier... im starting to become an audiophile (keyword: starting)

So im spending no more than 250 for a widescreen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom