Tweak-XP 3.03

Status
Not open for further replies.

D.Arbib

In Runtime
When enabling ad blocker I find many opening pages are unable to open fully. In their help files they suggest that their program needs to access the internet and that a firewall may be preventing the proper use of a variety of their features.

I am using the built-in firewall in XPpro and have a 1MB/sec ADSL connection.

I have asked TotalIdea for assistance: It is unclear if the connection has to be one-off or at each boot-up. If the latter, perhaps there is a modification in the XP firewall editing details which might help

A7N8X deluxe rev 2 BIOS rev 1007, AMD 3200+, 512MB RAM, 2 x 120 MB drives.

I think this is posted in the wrong area, maybe it should be in the OS/Software forum.

Also, Could you be a little more specific as to what your issue is and what you would like to do?

OK, I'll try another area for help. What is more specific than that the ad blocker prevents the full page launch of many internet
pages, as, for example, the homepage of msn.co.uk. These pages then return to normal when adblocker is disabled.

When enabling ad blocker I find many opening pages (for example the home page of msn.co.uk) are unable to open fully.

In their help files they suggest that their program needs to access the internet and that a firewall may be preventing the proper use of a variety of their features.

I am using the built-in firewall in XPpro and have a 1MB/sec ADSL connection.

I have asked TotalIdea for assistance: It is unclear if the connection has to be one-off or at each boot-up. If the latter, perhaps there is a modification in the XP firewall editing details which might help

A7N8X deluxe rev 2 BIOS rev 1007, AMD 3200+, 512MB RAM, 2 x 120 MB drives.

I don't want to be firewall free. I get about 4 attempted attacks daily, so it would be helpful if anyone knows of a firewall package which does not cause this difficulty for Tweak-XP. I can use Bonzi
Internet Alert, but it has advertising which Ad-aware 6 cannot remove.

I agree with Micro ..it is Xp's ICF which is creating the problem ..

Why don't u turn off the ICF n' i guess u could uninsatll the Bonzi cr@p...

Install Sygate Personal Firewall... The personal edition is free

Tried Sygate once, but the interface is very complicated for a junior techie. After installation. in a reboot, as I recall, you get a plethora of messages which were somewhat incomprehensible.

I use Symantec's NSW 2004 for a/v and, though costly & seems easier to use, is their Intrenet Security OK to work with Tweak-XP?

Does anyone think the Tweak-XP should be sorted to work with the effective XP fiewall? If so, please e-mail them accordingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom