Old VGA Problem...

Status
Not open for further replies.

inflames

Baseband Member
Greetings all, hows everything doing ?

I have a little issue with my VGA, happened after formatting, and I dunno what my friend did before to have the issue fixed, but he's not here to do it again.

I have what's supposed to be an NVidia GeForce 2, 64 MB.
I'm running Windows XP Pro SP2..

After formatting, and installing/or at least letting windows do the first time detection and all, I realised the VGA Device wasn't isntalled properly, whether I check it through DXDiag, or through device manager/properties, it always says its only 16 MB.

Here's a screenshot of what DxDiag says:

Now I dunno why, but if you noticed it says its GeForce 2 ( i contacted nvidia staff for the issue and all, and followed what they said but it didn't fix the issue by installing recent drivers, unless i didnt install properly/or it conflicted with windows/previous drivers, so i wonder if its possible to clear the history/files/old stuff), so even though it says the correct name, but the Chip Type, and main Driver are S3, I dunno why or how to get rid of them and make it use GeForce drivers, if that's even the issue.

Anyone got any idea of how to fix this issue? ^_^

Thanks in advance! :)

And stop laughing :p It's not like I have enough money to buy a new thing yet! haha..

waiting for replies :D

do the latest nvidia drivers work with gf 2's anymore? Last time I tried I am pretty sure they did not work, had to use what xp had (was an older nvidia released driver).

Ok, issue solved.

I found an old driver for a weird version of GeForce2 (MX/MMX 400), I dunno why it wasn't in/or the default in the Nvidia website, but it was also there, however it was an updated version, the older fixed the issue.

Still though, the installation doesn't do much work, since I have to update the driver, and choose which INFO file the hardware should use, manually.

So I hope this was clear, and helpful, for anyone who passed by the same issue just like I did.

Thanks for everyone who tried helping out. ^_^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom