2x 256mb 7950GT or 1GB 7950gx2 Graphics card?

Status
Not open for further replies.
b1gapl said:
Or go for SLI or GX2...then when the DX10s come out...sell it.

No one will want Old hardware that requires a monster power supply and wont play the latest games.

Lord AnthraX said:
I don't see why everyone is getting such beefy cards.

A single x1900xtx with a dual core CPU should Max out every game out right now.

DX 10 is just above the horizon.

Why waste your money?

Well i really need 2 get a gamin pc now really, havent got anythin currently so need 1, plus the company im buying my system from dont offer any single graphic cards except the 7950gx2, all other cards they offer are dual cards in SLI configuration so its either the dual cards or an single 7950gx2

yea i know what u mean by dx10 is round the corner but i dont really play hardcore games, i only really play RTS like command & conquer and LOTR:Middle Earth 2 & other games like black and white 2. So I dont really need the newest spec hardware to keep up with the type of games i play, I know the cards im getting now are highend but they only offered that so took it :/

dont really need dx10 for atleast 2 years since i only play mmorpg games and RTS games.

and no RTS games or mmorpg games really require the newest hardware & dx10 cards, (unless theres any new decent RTS game coming out that requires it, is there?) the dual 7950GT should last me a long time considering the type of games i play.

well the new command and conquer may be run on dx10, but i'm not sure, that game looks awesome.. and for real time strategy you might wanna look out for spore too... that looks like the best RTS i've ever seen before... but ya, i think 2 7950 gt's should do you really good.. i once had 2 7900gt's, and they ran beautifully at anything thrown at it.... i can only imagine what 2 7950gt's would do..

NosBoost300 said:
well the new command and conquer may be run on dx10, but i'm not sure,

Oh yea i cant wait for c&c 3. coming out in jan 07. Cant wait!!

Oh i didnt think that would be on dx10 since the dx10 cards come out in jan/feb next year and the c&c game is being released on the 1st Jan 07 in europe so i hope its not for dx10!!

But if it is, it should still run on the dual 7950gts? right? it should run really nicely on it still shouldnt it?

no doubt it would still run beautifully.. though you won't get certain effects if it does run on dx10... but it will still look dang amazing!!!

crysis is to run on dx10 as well.. and i think thats being released this year.. and a demo is already made and shown at e3.. though it was not shown on dx10 obviously...

so if you don't mind not getting the extra eye candy of c&c you'll still max it out

Ah the extra effects is oki i mean it cant be that many extra effects that id be missing & it shouldnt change the whole experience of the game, so the water has a few more sparkle effects close up or the sky has crystal clouds, should really make to much difference,

Plus with dx10 as u said, u would need vista which is another £200, so instead ill probably stay away from dx10 fro another 2years atleast, least till an RTS game comes out that is worthy of being played on its max settings & that it comes an necessity to have dx10 for any future RTS or mmorpg games.

NosBoost300 thanks so much for your help! Ill probably just stick with 2x 256mb 7950GT cards since i dont want to change the PSU

(delays my order for another 10working days if i change the PSU lol)

so ill just stick with them cards for least 2 years then decide what i should change to since they should run RTS games @ crystal & max setting for atleast (or near max settings) for 2years or so.

oh and also just wondering, this spore game, never heard of it? ill check it out thanks!

i just luv all RTS games!!

is it just called spore? or whats its full name?

ya, the whole name is just spore... you can check it out on www.ign.com just go to the search bar and type in spore..

and don't you mean 2x512 mb 7950gt.. lol.. the 550 watt should still do that fine

anyway, its a pretty cool game.. its sort of like starcraft and all that.. only you get to create how your race of people look, and how your buildings looks... and not only that, you can go over to other galaxies (i guess other servers?) and take other specimens to experiment with and such.. its a pretty crazy lookign game

NosBoost300 said:
and don't you mean 2x512 mb 7950gt.. lol.. the 550 watt should still do that fine

yea i know it should be 512mb but these ones are definatly 2x 256mb 7950GT, i mean im not sure if u can get 256mb versions of that card but the website im buying from has told me that they are putting 2x 256mb 7950gt into the system, it even sais it on thier list the card.

have a look at this website, this is the system im ordering but ive customised a few components for better ones

http://www.meshcomputers.com/Default.aspx?PAGE=PRODUCTCONFIGPAGE&USG=PRODUCT&ENT=PRODUCT&KEY=117495

The right hand side specs sais 2x 256mb 7900GT cards in the system but if u scroll down the page to graphic card options then you will see that the system has 2x 256mb 7950gt cards inside, and i phoned them and confirmed if its a typo, they said the right hand side menu has the typo but they are definatly installing 2x 256mb 7950gt cards into the system ive ordered.

what should i do?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom