Secondary SATA HDD

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoshSB

Geek Squad
Hey guys, I was wondering how exactly a secondary SATA HDD functions, when I install it and format it will I be able to install games onto it and run the games off of it or will it just react as a sort of giant flash drive that allows you to store large chunks of data on it (which I need it for, dang movies and music) but I would also like toi install some of the larger programs on it to give some breathing room for my current master drive.

So, if it does allow you to install games does it do so in the same fashion windows does in certain folders or are they created by you?

Well anyways, thanks for hte input.

-Josh

You would just change the directory folder when you install whatever program.

The shortcut placed on your Desktop would be linked to the program directory reguardless of where it physically is.

Ah, so it will still show up in programs and all that fun and can be installed. Awesome.

Thanks.

Im not sure if it will show up in the program files. Because it won't be installed on that HD.

But wait. You know what, I take it back, I truly don't know if itll work.

Try it and Find out is the only advice I can give.
Sorrys

Hmm, interesting...

I will have to investigate, because if it cannot then I may just install windows on the secondary Sata, make it the master and whipe the 160 gb after transferring data to make the 320 the master drive...

yes you can install games and programs on the second hard drive, the Icon will be linked to it and no harm will be done, but i personally like to leave them on my Primary HD as i have a theory that it loads quicker

Cool thanks, I think I will buy a 250 or so GB, and use it as my master and turn my old 160GB into data storage.

ya the 250 gig hdd's have dropped in price alot... and make sure you go for a 16mb cache hard drive.. they run very smooth-like.. and fast!

I assume that I can install windows on the 250GB install programs and transfer data from my old hard drive onto the new one then format the 160GB so that the 250 is master, correct?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom