Still Can't Get My New Build Working!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobo777

Solid State Member
I still can't figure out what the problem is with my new computer I have recently built. I have had some great input from some of you and have still failed at solving what ever the problem is. So I was thinking maybe some of the hardware is incompatible. So here are my specs and if anyone knows enough about these components maybe you have some idea wheather or not that is the problem. My first thought was that the processor is a Pentium D-915, and the Mobo is a Intel 925 chipset, does the 915 in the processors name mean that it only works with 915 chipset mobos?
MotherBoard: Intel D925XBC Socket LGA775, and it says that is supports Intel Pentium 4s, could this be the problem or should my processor work with this mobo?
The Processor is: Intel Pentium D-915, model#BX80553915. Overclocking to 4.5ghz.
Does the 915 mean that is only works with modos that have 915 chipsets? Thats my main question.
I don't know if it matters, but my Video card is: GeCube Radeon 9250.
thank you

I appriciate the information Trotter. I have come to the same conclustion. Do you think you or someone else thats listening, could tell me more specifically why they are not compatible and what kind of motherboard I should get from this point. So i'm sure to get the correct one next time.
thank you

well trotter was deff right there. your board doesn't support that CPU at all. just send back your old CPU and exchange it for a new CPU.

if you ordered it from Newegg or Tiger Direct you should be fine...

if i were you i would go with the 660.

I got the CPU from ebay and I don't want to change it, I like the CPU, I want to replace the mobo, I skimmped on that, and got a cheap one that had the min of what I needed and was 775 socket. So could someone tell me specifically what kinds of mobos I can use with my CPU.
Here are the specs on it: Intel Pentium D-915, model#BX80553915. Overclocking to 4.5ghz
thank you

Thank you very much, tdktank59, sounds pretty straight forward, but I'm new at this and I didn't want to make another mistake. I want it to turn on this time.
Thanks everyone. I'll try to help all of you out when I can.

Maybe all you guys that keep saying "good luck overclocking to 4.5ghz" could tell me what it means, and why your having a hard time beleiving that it will do that. I was just posting what it claimed on the package so people could better help me, I wasn't bragging. What is overclocking, and mine says it can OC from 3.9 to 4.5 and it's clock speed is 2.8ghz. what do you think a reasonable OC would be with this?
thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom