Graphics problems please help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

hugh

Solid State Member
ok right, i recently bought the new Ati Raedon x1900xtx croosfire ready graphics card and it is running like ****! i had an old x850 and its running about the same on that, i have a pretty powerful computer and my power input is only 500watts do you think the reason that its being slow, under preforming could be because my power supply is too low? what do u guys think? any help will be greatly appreciated thanks.

3 ghz processor and a gig of ddr3 ram 120gb hardrive (tho i guess that doesnt really matter)

What type of PC, Purchased or you built, What kind of mother board. What kind of proceesor, Any cd drives etc.. In order to dtermine if it is your power supply we need to know how much power your pullin for that psu. Also, to check compatibility of graphix card to rest of system.

Dell Dimension, cant remember motherboard but my brother who built this pc and knows his stuff said its compatable its pci espress, intel pentium 4 3ghz, cd/dvd recordable drive, **** load of random crap plugged into it mics webcam 2 mouse's printer scanner, computer is DEFINETLY compatable with the card no doubts!

this card uses up 1/2 of your systems memory. Check in bios make sure it is set to assign 512mb memory to card. May not hurt to increase you psu. May also want to get more ram.

bios where and what is that? sorry im jus learning all these terms

when you first start up your pc, before you the windows screen shows it should say on the bottom of you screen to "enter setup mode hit this key". I believe Dell is the delete key but i'm not positive.

I just double checked on newwegg.com I couldn't find the x1900xtx card but the x1950xtx crossfire card specs. call for a minimum of a 550 watt power supply.

thanks a lot for ur help buddy appreciater it =] so u think it might be my power supply as well then yusss?

According to the specs yes. But if you want to seriously game i would also add another gig of ram. Also double check those bios settings if you are unsure ask your brother who built it he would know. If you card is required to use 512mb of ram to function normally and it is set to something lower that would cause you card to lag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom