Processor Motherboard question

Status
Not open for further replies.

Reaver

Baseband Member
this may seem like a strange question but bare with me.

the mother board that I have in my comp now, the ASUS A8N-SLI is a good motherboard and it works fine for me BUT, on Newegg, if you check the tech specs, it says that it doesnt support AMD X2 Processors, only Athlon 64 and Athlon FX. However, in this guide that is linked to from this very site, the builder uses the EXACT SAME mobo with an AMD X2 Processor. Has anyone had any experience with this board and an AMD X2? I REALLY want to put an AMD X2 in my machine if it is possible. Any input is appreciated as usual!

If I am not mistaken....the Mobo manual clearly states it will run X2 as well as certain FX cpu's. I am at work, but can check when i get home. I thought I just read that the other day, I have the same mobo.

Edit:
A8N32-SLI Deluxe supports the two mentioned above. I don't see the Premium board on the Asus site any more. I'll check the manual.

yeah please do, i left mine at my house when i moved into my dorm. On the box it shows the AMD X2 logo, which i feel is a pretty good indicator that it may work. But post a reply if you find anything..

thanks

just go on the asus site and download their newest bios, after that you shouldnt have a problem using the x2 processors...

most times with these x2's its always bio's updates to use them.. so just check you manufacturers site for bios updates

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom