random shutdowns

Status
Not open for further replies.
oh one more thing, to add confusion, I've found that the computer is more likely to stay on for longer if I have the xbox turned on at the same time (?)

can you check your windows error report it may be a driver conflict i just had that problem today a quick reformat fixed the problem.:

hi,

its crashed in and out of windows, even once while bios was still starting up, I dont think its drivers or software, its crashed off dos boot cds. I've also done windows updates, updated all drivers and got my friend to update the mobo chipset

and I've tried many combinations of 3 power cables (swapping cables with my monitors) plugged into 3 different surge protected power boards and a UPS, and 4 different power points around the house,

thanks for suggestions but anyone got any more ideas?

James

hey bmx..

yeah im thinkin of swapping round psu's to check, but im scared :S dont know what to plug into where and what not to touch.. can u break stuff with a static charge?

James

hi all, another update.

ok, so before I bothered playing with power sources I would try something else, normally if the computer turns off I leave it 10 minutes if not the whole night. So what I think is, if it breaks and doesnt boot at all, I'm actually better off because I actually have something to fix, so as soon as it shutsdown, I press the power button, like as soon as possible, in 1 second if possible.

so the computer complains a bit.. like runs fine when its on but shutsdown heaps.. this lasts a few hours. then it stops shutting down.

and now, I've had maybe 3-4 days of no shutdown at all. it seems like its fixed.

now, I'm not complaining, but what the **** happened? (hoping i dont get anymore shutdowns and it is actually fixed)

James

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom