Intel Core 2 Duo

Status
Not open for further replies.

F1

Solid State Member
Ok well im about to buy a Intel Core 2 Duo E6300 Conroe 1.86GHz. What motherboard should i get so i can overclock it and it still be stable. Help ?!?!?!

Matt

Oh great i think i put in the wrong part of the forum... Plz dont get angry

Oh ok i thought it was supposed to be in Overclocking, Case Mod, Tweaking PC Performance forum. In that case do you know a good motherboard to support my Intel core 2 duo ?

matt

anthrax i partially agree with u. that is the sweetest mobo out there but it has been having A LOT of problems. quite a few have been fixed with updates but theres still a lot of drives stuck in PIO, boards dying after a month and so on...

that IS the board i plan on getting later on with my core 2 quad build but its iffy as to say if its fully safe right now.

according to asus they are making a full revision with hardware and software (issues with temp sensor right beside southbridge and and saying system is running at 50C+) and are being shipped end of october. lets hope!

safest motherboard right now is intel's own 975X board. but as for features, remote etc. not that great. your choice in the end :)

cvb724 said:
anthrax i partially agree with u. that is the sweetest mobo out there but it has been having A LOT of problems. quite a few have been fixed with updates but theres still a lot of drives stuck in PIO, boards dying after a month and so on...

that IS the board i plan on getting later on with my core 2 quad build but its iffy as to say if its fully safe right now.

according to asus they are making a full revision with hardware and software (issues with temp sensor right beside southbridge and and saying system is running at 50C+) and are being shipped end of october. lets hope!

safest motherboard right now is intel's own 975X board. but as for features, remote etc. not that great. your choice in the end :)
I saw it was the most exspensive, and I looked at XS and they all had those boards and got them to 5.5 GHz on Vapor so I thought, heck, I'l just throw it in there :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom