My Pc Specification

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr DMoney

In Runtime
Hello, I have posted a update of my Specifications of my next and first build I plan on building very soon. I am doing this to insure the computer of greatness. If there is something a great deal better then please tell me about it. The thing I am not 100% sure of is my heatsink/Fan for my CPU. I don't know if that if it is the best thing I can get. I know I can't get the huge HSF but I want the best for what can fit inside my case. i have already purchased my case if you notice if that was missing.
The specs are below:
PSU Antec TRUEPOWERII TPII-550 ATX12V 550W - $96.33
Motherborad DFI INFINITY 975X Socket T (LGA 775) - $186.40
Cpu Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe - $317.99
Gpu SAPPHIRE 100149L Radeon X1900XTX -$361.12
Ram CORSAIR XMS2 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2-800 - $255.00
Deal (Ram) LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner - Free with Ram(Combo Deal)
HDD Western Digital Caviar SE16 WD2500KS 250GB - $83.63
DVD-Rom LITE-ON 16X DVD±R DVD Burner - $34.99
Desktop Microsoft Keyboard + Mouse - $40.40

Sub-Total $1384.93
Shipping $30.93
Rebates $40.00
-------------------------
Total $1375.86

Additional Purchase (After I buy the hardware above)

Heatsink/Fan Thermaltake Big Typhoon - $39.99
Fan ControlerLOGISYS Computer FP208BK 3.5 - $19.99
GPU Vent Dynatron DB1206SP System Exhaust - $3.99
Case Fan/s MASSCOOL 90mm System Cooler (Two of these) - $6.98

Additional Items Only
Sub-Total$70.95
Shipping $16.92
Rebates $0
Total $87.87

Complete Total
$1463.73

Pc Midtower Case XION XION _ Solaris XON-403XION XION _ Solaris XON-403

Thanks, butis there anythingthat I could improve for making it a better system. I could of goten the asus motherboard but with dfi's new bios it is a killer mother board. 425 fbs stable.

Whats your budget???

You could add stuff like raptor hard drive or raid some hard drives. Or you go to a 7950gx2 or dual x1900xtx.

What you have is pretty good though.

you should get a tornado they are like 15 bucks but they push out 80+ airflow. they are loud but you can fix it with the fan controller

Well, I don't really have a budget. The thing is that I would have to save money for a longer period of time. I really didn't want to upgrade my gpu until directx 10 cards come out. when they come out can I have a directx 10 and a direct x 9 card running crossfire. Even though they would be different series. Also how expensive is a raptor harddrive. I was planningon doing something like that latter in time. Will is increase performance. To give you an exsample of what I will be doing with the pc. This pc will be used for just about anything, It will be used for gameing, video editing, mapping HL2 and uing xna stios. Photoshop will be another thing. So what should I do to maximize performance.

I plan to get a different case in about a year. I really powerful case. In turms of great airflow, so I don't what to spend all that money on a fan but I will still look into it.

I don't know if you could use a dx10 and dx9 card together. If you could it would most likely mean you can only run them in dx9. Plus the faster card would only run at the speed of the slower card unless they changed that recently.

If you plan on upgrading your vid card to dx10 you should probably just stick with what you got selected for now.

Raptor HD would improve performance in any thing that accesses the HD a lot. So everything should load faster which would help in video editing. You could just raid some slower HD's and get the same performance though.

If it helps any, that's real close to the build that I'm working on. I think most ppl will agree that it's a build of greatness :)

My greatest source of anxiety has been picking a motherboard. The Infinity seems to have a good balance of features, overclockabilty (if you're doing that. i'd like to try it at some point), and price. I also considered an Asus (P5B deluxe), but that was $50 more and didn't seem to rate as well on the o/c. Am I totally off here??

I'm really interested in how it works out for you. Good luck. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom