Thermal Paste or Thermal Tape

Status
Not open for further replies.
on the p4 heat sinks r they termal pads? and should i take that off if im goin to use thermal paste?

ChaosBlizzard said:
You can use Goo off to take it off the heatsink and acetone to take it off the cpu.

you will definately have to take the remander of the heat pad off to apply thermal paste... but my problem is the CPU and the heatsink are glued together and everything is so tight between the MB Heatsink, I can do nothing but just pull, and I stop when the MB starts to flex. *eeeeekkkk*

I can't reach underneath to unlatch the armature on the CPU, if I could do that I could remove them as one, and then separate them. And in summation this is why I hate termal pads.

Where can I get some thermal tape? I have a motor that is over heating on one of my rc cars....

I used to have an RC10GT... but I blew the piston so I just sold the whole car. Now I just have a Micro RS4, Xray M18, and an all alluminum Mini-T.

whoa you guys like R/C cars? i've seen some of those nitro stadium trucks jump 10-15+ feet in the air and go 90-100+ MPH in some magazines. have any of you guys piloted R/C airplanes/ sailplanes or helicopters? R/C is a very fun hobby :)

Yes, it's weird how we all have the same interests. My 1/18 scale M18 goes 35mph. My 1/18 Mini-T goes about 30 (it's faster than most 1/10 scale electric stadium trucks). My nitro stadium truck went about 45-50 mph, we got it twenty feet in the air but landed and tweaked the chassis, killed the engine, and broke the shock shafts. Ok now back to computers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom