Video card uestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

nubs

Solid State Member
hello all.
im in the process of ordering parts to build a computer. I was on here not to long ago asking for help regarding the parts. Everything looked great that was suggested except for the video card. I think it might be a little overkill for what im planning on doing. Basically i only wanna be playing cs:s at this point with new games after dx10.

This is mostly a gaming comp(counterstrike:source mostly), with music/movie storage, creating music, internet surfing.

Heres my setup so far:

mobo: GIGABYTE GA-965P-DS3 Socket T (LGA 775) Intel P965 Express ATX Intel Motherboard

Vid Card - connect3D X1950 XTX 3060 512MB GDDR4 PCI Express x16 CrossFire Video Card

Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 Conroe 2.4GHz LGA 775 Processor Model BX80557E6600

RAM: G.SKILL 2GB (2 x 1GB) 240-Pin DDR2 SDRAM DDR2 800 (PC2 6400) Dual Channel Kit Desktop Memory Model F2-6400PHU2-2GBHZ

HD - Seagate Barracuda 7200.10 ST3320620AS (Perpendicular Recording Technology) 320GB 7200 RPM SATA 3.0Gb/s Hard Drive

So my question is, what would be a decent to good card that would hold me over till dx 10 cards come out? Basically I dont wanna blow 419 dollars on technology that will be outdated in a few months with things like vista and games. Im trying to save a little money before i order these parts.

Thanks, any help is appreciated.

Hey guys i found this card and from the reviews it appears that it will do waht i want for considerably cheaper.

http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16814102051

Can anyone vouch for this card? Would this card get the job done till dx10? Worth the money?

I also dropped my RAM down to http://www.newegg.com/product/product.asp?item=N82E16820231098 someone said the RAM i had was mainly for oc'ing ans since I dont plan on oc'ing to much this ram made much more sense to buy. Lowering the RAM and video card has significantly lowered the price from nearly 1600 to 1350. Im very happy with that. Did I make good choices to step down?

yea im just looking for something to hold me over till dx10 cards come out.

i will play games like crysis though when it comes out and some of the next gen games. they just look to sweet not to play

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom