Asus mobo

Status
Not open for further replies.

wjones007

Baseband Member
Hey fellas....I am using Asus Premium LSI mobo w/ cool and quiet. I just started paying more attention to my mobo temps and cpu temps. My system is at 40 c and my cpu is at 35 c. Last night system went up yo 41 c and was red on the display.
Do you know of a fan/heatsing that I can put on top of my cool and quiet?
Also, I have an exaust duct directly over the amd cpu. I am thinking of swapping the stock hsf with Zalman and retracting the exhaust duct up away from being directly over the cpu so that it exhaust more air from the whole case. Does this make sense?

SLI** not LSI lol. Cool & Quiet is a feature provided by AMD, what it does it downclocks your CPU when it's not needed to save, electricity, cpu lifespand, and a headache. It's not something physical, it's bsically a small program in your bios. If you get a Zalman heatsink your probably going to have to remove that duct because the heatsink is going to be too big for your case.

gotta love typing to fast...lol..SLI indeed.
Ok, thanks first off for actually 1 reply. Cool and quiet again....perhaps I was confused. You know the fans that usually reside on the chipset, not the cpu, well thats where the Asus heat transfer block sits w/ thermal cool pipes that lead to a copper heatsink. Can I put a fan ontop of the thermal block that sits on the chipset? I see a ps for a fan. If I am not mistaken, this is my Northbridge.

Also, I installed Next Sensor to show me temps and voltages. My 2 seagates are sometimes running 51 c and usually 49 c. This seems high to me.
Thanks again for advice.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom