Core 2 Duo Overclocking Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
spikedcole:

you get the processor OCed to 8x380mhz then or not? I'm guessing it wouldn't boot since the ram was unstable before.

i can't say how far you'd be able to push that ram but that's still not too bad at all. I'm sure that if your ram is stable you'd be able to get up to around 3.0Ghz.

No, that was just upping the ram freq. to 380mhz, proc was still at 2.63ghz (whatever fsb that was, I dont know) Im just going by the frequency's that CPU-Z is giving me. Even if I crank my ram down to 400mhz (the lowest the bios will go to [which is actually 200mhz]) the computer still wont post at a higher fsb clock. Go figure. By the way, is 4-4-4-14 decent, or can I do better?

haha. you don't want your ram and processor doing different speeds. You don't have the same mobo i do so i can't give you detailed instructions but just set the ram divider to 1:1 (that way the ram frequency and FSB are the same.)

you can't have the ram frequency be lower than the processor FSB or it just won't work. The ram won't be able to load anything as fast as the processor is working...making it unstable.

next time you try do this:

1. set cpu to 350mhz

2. set ram to equivilant to 350mhz

3. set ram timings to 5-5-5-15

4. set vcore to 1.4 (or 1.45 if it's still not stable.)

5. set ram voltage to 2.0

if that doesn't work then start from scratch with stock timings and vcore...everything stock and then keep restarting and going back into BIOS OCing little by little until it's not stable and then add voltage to make it stable.

just make sure you keep the ram at 1:1.

Well, my motherboard doesnt actually let you set the divider, it just gives you the fsb frequency and the RAM frequency. Just let me do a little math here...
350mhz * 2 = 700mhz (RAM)
350mhz * 4 = 1400mhz (CPU)

For the record, Ive been running my vcore at 1.5v and RAM at 2.0v, and 5-5-5-15 is the stock timing. Lets see what this puppy can do. /restart

EDIT Double post =/

Well, it didnt work. Wouldnt even post. Im running 330mhz 1:1 right now and its stable, but this is about as good as it gets.

Just so you know whats going on in my bios, since youve got a different board, the options are:

CPU vCORE
FSB Termination Voltage
Memory Voltage
NB Chipset Voltage
SB Chipset Voltage

Then for Freq:

System Clock Mode - Auto/Linked/Manual
FSB Clock - 1066 -> 1600 (@1320 for me)
Memory Clock - 400 -> 1600 (@660 for me)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom