It is hard to build a computer?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Monster00 said:
o yea i just wanna say somthing elperra. I was bacisally in ur position when i was building mine. Before i built mine i maybe saw a inside of a computer 3 times maybe 4. Never worked on one before i built it. I started to look online and stuff. Then then i built it, it was fun and pretty easy. People think its hard but i dont think it is now. Once u build one, u will be able to just fix it on ur own and not call up any more technisions anymore.

That's nice to hear:D . About how much did you spend to build yours? I asume that the one you have in your sig is the one.

Monster00 said:
o yea i just wanna say somthing elperra. I was bacisally in ur position when i was building mine. Before i built mine i maybe saw a inside of a computer 3 times maybe 4. Never worked on one before i built it. I started to look online and stuff. Then then i built it, it was fun and pretty easy. People think its hard but i dont think it is now. Once u build one, u will be able to just fix it on ur own and not call up any more technisions anymore.

Tell me about it. I told this one kid in school I build computer systems. He was completely convinced it took months to build a computer. He completely negated all possibilities of any one building their own system. I got a real good laugh from that one. Its amazing how many people think you need to be a rocket scientist to build a pc.

i spent around 1400 dollars for evetything. People think it takes like weeks to build one but i built mine in like a few hours.. i mean i love it and i would never buy a pre built pc again..

Monster00 said:

yeah
i just recently built one, im in a CISCO networking, IT class and i know some stuff, but i didnt actually learn anything until i built this, and i think because of my defective board, i learned even more then i thought i would. which is good. but i got to say, its fun and i prolly wont ever buy a pre-built again.
only spent about $650 makin it, good shit..

I was in ur shoes when i built my first computer. I had never seen the inside of a computer before. i had a friend that helped me build it. good luck and post any questions if you need anything.

I just finished building my first computer, lucky for me i had lots of experience with computers before i started. all in all i spent very little money, but i was lucky and got a lot of stuff for free or extremly sheap

comp_guy225 said:
I just finished building my first computer, lucky for me i had lots of experience with computers before i started. all in all i spent very little money, but i was lucky and got a lot of stuff for free or extremly sheap

Sheap? Oh, that must be a new kind of cheap? I bet its better? lol

hey elperra,building a comp it isnt hard, the worst part is waiting for your cpu to come in when everything else is just sitting there!!! but it only took me a few hrs and a little advice from some buddies. complete scratch builds are kinda messy at first cause you gotta get all the right motherboard, os, and graphics drivers. im just did mine a few weeks ago and its working pretty well.
not everyone trusts it but i bought all but two components on ebay for wayy cheaper than newegg and other sites. but if ebay is no good ... like for hd's and cpu's then check pricewatch but pay attention to those stores feedback as well.
(I built this for around 2200$)

AMD64 3200
CORSAIR PC3200 512
MAXTOR 160GB SATA RAID (x2)
SOYO K8USA
X-DREAMER2 450w
RADEON 9800XT
AUDIGY2 ZS PLATINUM
DELL FP2001 20" LCD
pioneer 107b 8x dvd burner

Status
Not open for further replies.