In the future I wanna build a comp

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI-M

Baseband Member
Is there any site that tells step by step how to build a comp from completely nothing, it'd be my first time, and I know next to nothing

And be honest, how hard is it to build your own?

While I haven't personally built my own, I have a couple friends who have. They say it's incredibly easy, and I believe them too. There really aren't very many parts you would need and if you take a look at the inside of a computer, you can see that the cords and cables really aren't complicated at all, in fact, many of them are labeled so you know exactly where to plug them in. As for a step-by-step tutorial, it may be best to have a friend who knows computers just show you how or tell you what to do, because it may be hard to find a site with the same exact components you're using in your computer. Hope that helps. :)

Here's two links that I found pretty easily. First one is dating a bit but it's basically the same thing. It has also great pictures :

http://www.tomshardware.com/howto/20010115/pcsystem-05.html

This one seems fine too but no pics some annoying ads :

http://www.learnthat.com/courses/computer/buildpc/assemble.shtml

It's really not that complicated, just need some patience, reading and if possible, access to another computer with internet to seek for some help if needed!!

Also, if you buy new, your motherboard and processor will come with manuals that tell you how to do it

The most important manual is the motherboard's manual since jumpers, connectors, etc often change between model. If you don't have the original motherboard, you will be able to download it from the manufacturer website, even if it's an old model.

Good luck!

And last thing, make sure you install the CPU fan correctly, could be fatal! And double check the power supply voltage selector at the back (110V for N.A. or 220V for Europe --- not sure myself, DOUBLE CHECK!) That could be fatal too.

.fs. :)

come back here if you want help deciding what parts you want, a lot of sites like that have out of date standards

there are basically
the main/necessary parts:
case
CPU
motherboard
video card - stay away from video cards integrated in the motherboard
monitor
sound card - people often get a motherboard with onboard sound now
speakers
CD/floppy drive/s - you'd be crazy not to get at least a CD burner with today's prices, and floppy's are getting ancient so you may not need one (can't remember the last time I used mine)
hard drive/s
Operating System

and other devices you might want/need:
printer
scanner
network card (wireless or non-wireless)
modem
etc..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom