Full drives suddenly shown as not formatted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

RagingBuddhist

Beta member
Had a meltdown of the primary drive of what was a multiple drive system. Decided to break it all down and carefully start over with a nice, slow step-by-step rebuilding to make sure things went smoothly. Primary drive went back fine and the operating system installed fine (for a change). Then the surprise hit. Went to add two more drives that were full of video and they're being shown as "not formatted".
I know this is somewhat vague, but I really have no clue where to start looking to try to figure out what happened. That's why I'm posting here, hoping someone can point me somewhere! The drives were fine, now they're not?

System is as follows:
Asus P4P800-E Deluxe
Prescott 3.0 P4
1 Gig Kingston DDR400 RAM
W2K Pro SP4

I'll thank you in advance for any thoughts on this and I'll be happy to add any details asked for...

Multiple drives. Primary drive is a SATA drive and is partitioned as drives C & D. The next two drives I added, the ones that are coming up blank, are IDE and on the first IDE channel on the motherboard.

What does your disk management say about the drive?

Settings>Control Panel>Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Storage>Disk Management

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom