Multiple video cards

Status
Not open for further replies.

ATI-M

Baseband Member
Ok I have alot of questions
I have a dell 8300 with a ATI radeon 9800XT 1 Gb ram and 3.2 ghz pentium 4, so do yall believe I should get some sorta of extra heatsink or fan, because of my card (which supposubly gets very hot)plus all my specs be too much for my comp to handle safely.

2 more questions
can you add an additional graphics card to your comp, like having your old and new one in there at the same time.
I have 3 expansion slots and 4 Bays. So like would I have enough space to add an additional one if you can.

And if you can is there any clear advantages to adding an additonal graphics card, and what are the disadvantages.

Like will it produce more heat? or lessen heat?
can your comp draw power from both cards to help it run better without overheating?

is there any way to switch between cards without manually taking one out and putting the other back in if you have 2 graphics cards?

Sorry dumb questions but plz answer

thx

1. you can get a pci fan which you can slot under your graphics card, i have one and find it removes the tempreture by around 10c

2. i have never seen a pc with 2 or more AGP slots, but if you do then its stand to reason that you can have more than one grpahics card. Or you could just get a PCI one.

3. you can change over the use of a graphics card in the display properties, without having to remove it, you just disable it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom