Not open for further replies.

treedoor

Solid State Member
I'm planning on building a system specifically for WoW. Specs include

AMD Athlon 3000+ AM2
1gb ddr2 667 ram, I think :)
Leadtek 7300gt
Seagate 160gb hdd

So it definetly should run on that because I hear the 7300gt is built using the same core as the 7600 series, but clocked slower. Should be around 6600gt level I'd assume

Good enough on power there

I also want a motherboard with an integrated 6100. Now does it already have it's onboard memory? Or will it take off 256mb the system memory? WoW plays best with 1gb just so you all know :p If you didn't.

I'm just looking to save money. If I don't have to spend $70 on a video card then that'd be nice.

Also I plan to buy a second cable modem for my house. This way one can be boosting the signal throughout the house, though with our lead-based paint it's HORRIBLE, and one can be for a direct connection to my computer for 0 lag. Can you do this? Or do you have to pay for a second subscription to Cable? o_O

Integrated video should be avoided at all costs when it comes to gaming, not only does it decrease performance in games, but its an anchor for the rest of the board. And yes, it'll take some memory away from the system, so you won't have 1gb of true RAM. Buy a board without onboard video and go with the graphics card. :)

Well the motherboard is cheap, and AM2. It's like $75, and seems to have good reviews on newegg. I don't have to use the onboard. I'll just buy the 7300gt, pop it in, and use that rather than onboard :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom