Windows Vista Discussion

Status
Not open for further replies.
One Last Vista Build Before RTM

Brad Goldberg, General Manager of Microsoft?s Windows Client Business Group, would, no doubt, prefer not to be called a horse.

But Goldberg did say on September 29 that Microsoft has ?one more EDW? (External Developer Workstation) build of Vista slated before the product RTMs (releases to manufacturing). That means one more fairly widescale test release. Then it's soup, Goldberg said.

As of today, Microsoft believes it will make Vista available to businesses in November 2006 and release the product through all other channels in January 2007, Goldberg reiterated. Yep, it?s all systems go.

Anyone want to bet on the business launch date for Vista? My guess? November 9. Why? Because it?s a Thursday (traditional Microsoft product launch day) and by then, we?ll all supposedly be ?ready for a new day.?

http://www.zdnet.com/

Something is wrong with your keyboard Warez Monster. The ' turns out to be an ?.

Microsoft is really going to be angry, because not many people will buy Vista. Most systems can't handle it.

if vista is going to businesses in november why cant m$ release it to everyone by the holiday shopping season?

im running 5728 fine !! no problems here everything installs fine !!!

System Specs

Amd Sempron 2800
1GB Pc2700 Ram
120GB and 3000GB and 60GB HDD
Nvidia Geforce 6200
C-Media 8738 5.1 Sound Card

talldude123 said:
Something is wrong with your keyboard Warez Monster. The ' turns out to be an ?.

Microsoft is really going to be angry, because not many people will buy Vista. Most systems can't handle it.

nothing is wrong with my KB

Games for Windows Vista
As most of you already know, Vista is going to be the only DX10 operating system, so if you are a gamer, youÂ’ll be seeing an upgrade in your future. This article takes a look inside Vista, and discusses some of the features that a gamer can expect to see.

But here's the thing. I've been gaming on personal computers since my first Commodore 64, and I've had an amazing run on IBM-compatible PCs since "DOOM" first appeared in 1993. I moved from pure keyboard-based gaming to keyboard and mouse during the "Quake" wave, and I still contend that there isn't a game controller wielding teenager on earth who could stand up to a decent player using those admittedly antiquated PC input devices.

http://winsupersite.com/showcase/winvista_games.asp

More bad news for Microsoft's delayed operating system Vista - the European Commission is widening an investigation into whether or not it breaches competition law.

Microsoft and the Commission were already discussing the oft-delayed software.

But the Commission is now concerned about encryption technology and handwriting recognition which are included in the release. The Commission is concerned the development could put Microsoft back in bundling territory, according to the FT.

Today also saw full-page adverts in the Financial Times from security vendor McAfee. The open letter, addressed to "Dear computer users around the world,", warns that Vista is likely to make security problems worse.

The letter says that the best defenders of Microsoft's operating systems have been third party developers and security firms. But for the first time with Vista Microsoft is stopping security companies accessing the "kernel" - the heart of its operating system.

The letter says: "For starters, customers should recognise that Microsoft is being completely unrealistic if, by locking security companies out of the kernel, it thinks hackers won't crack Vista's kernel. In fact, they already have...

"Microsoft's new approach is misguided in principle, bad for innovation and competion. Above all it is bad for users."

McAfee asks Microsoft to return to its previous collaborative approach

http://www.theregister.com/2006/10/02/mcafee_disses_ms/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom