should i wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, Intel's Core 2 Duo just beat out all the competition. Period. They started almost from scratch with this processor (Loosely based on the Pentium M, except much more powerful.). They made it more efficient than the Pentium D (Although they're not related), shared the L2 cache so that the cores could communicate better with each other, reduced power consumption with the 65nm process, and overall, better than AMD's line. To date, AMD has not released an "answer" to the Core 2 Duo.

Ehhh ... The system I suggested totally pwns both of the systems you guys put.

Core 2 Duo > Athlon 64 and no I am not an Intel fanboy, I did, however, used to be an AMD fanboy. It is a fact that the Core 2 Duo obliterates the Athlon 64's, it is also a fact that the Athlon 64's totally obliterated the Pentium 4's.

I would definitely go with my system...

well unless i can find hard fact then ill be going with AMD.

i am most likely gonig to get SLI but nto put the second card in there yet. i will be getting a 7950GT so i really olny need one card, but i will get the SLI for future improvement

nirvana1234 said:
well unless i can find hard fact then ill be going with AMD.
This should be a hard enough fact, but if you want to go with AMD, that's fine, we have no control over what your actually getting, we're just trying to help. ;)

well with that being said, why do ppl tell me to go with AMD if the new intels are way ahead in the standings.

i know theres bias but ppl cant deny a flat out beating.

after reading this

i will deff get intel. i am really liking that set up TheGeneral but can u help me find a MoBo that is SLI? like ive said i will not be getting the 2d card right away but i want room for upgrade.

i will also upgrade the E6400 to a E6600

Very slick, but for a few dollars more you could get a 19" monitor from that same company.

That motherboard you put in your wishlist is the same one I use with my E6600. You won't be doing much overclocking with it, but I managed to get my E6600 up to X6800 speeds (2.93Ghz) but that was about as much as I could give it.

And if I were you I'd save $70 on that powersupply and go with the one I suggested, that way you could get a better monitor. 17" is really really small.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom