bootable cd

Status
Not open for further replies.

lancec2c30

Future ex-member
okay so I got my sata2 HD last thursday, and have been trying to get it to work ever since. Now with calling the a$$hole for a local computer tech. I have narrowed it down to windows not being able to format it and needing to use a outside source like partition magic.

So I downloaded partiton magic and figured I would need to put on a cd. Well my question is: how do I make a cd bootable, also what program files from partitoin magic should I use to make it work in DOS somehow?

SO to narrow it down: I need partition magic on a cd and the cd to be able to run the utility in DOS.

Please help, this down time is killing me :(

You can try and put the drive into another system as a storage drive and format it from there.

ok so to make a bootable cd u need a program capable of doing so such as nero .did u try to go to start>comtrol panel>administrative tools>computer management>disk management then right click on the bar that is next to the desired hard drive and select format

how would I do that if the computer does not have windows. This is the primary and only drive in the system. Which means I am only able to do what I can in DOS or windows set-up (blue screen)

And I have no other computers with sata ports. Well what if I use a floppy, do I format it as MS-DOS bootable and put the MS-DOS file on it?

come on. I have nero I need to figure out what pmagic files to put on the booable cd. and what to do to run the program in DOS

you guys help me right away with the pointless stuff, but when it comes to stuff like this that is a big deal. You dont help one dam bit. whats up with that???

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom