Could somone help me choose a laptop.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saint71

In Runtime
Im currently looking for a laptop and could use some help because I have never had one before and I dont know what to look for. I have no idea how to build laptops so I guess I will get one prebuilt.

I will manly be using it for school and work related activities. Im also planning to use it for testing my wireless network for security holes and stuff like that. I dont plan on using it for games or intense programs but I dont want a slow one either. I will probably listen to music on it thought.

I was looking at this series of laptop from dell. Should I consider one of these or something else like an HP from like bestbuy or something.

http://www.dell.com/content/products/features.aspx/entnb_e1705?c=us&cs=19&l=en&s=dhs

Any opinions would be helpful.

Dell is actually very nice for laptops. The whole company isn't bad, just the desktops. Don't get the wrong idea.

That was only a few laptops. It also happened to Apple, and even IBM is recalling their batteries :p

Mac Laptops are defenitely nice, with the camera, but they cost so darned much! $1300 for a 13" laptop...you could get a 15.4" Toshiba for $900.

talldude123 said:
That was only a few laptops. It also happened to Apple, and even IBM is recalling their batteries :p

Mac Laptops are defenitely nice, with the camera, but they cost so darned much! $1300 for a 13" laptop...you could get a 15.4" Toshiba for $900.

Yeah, and that Toshiba is going to be a cheap plastic piece of crap with a Celeron in it and with a screen that has the same resolution as the 13.3" Macbook therefore making the extra size pointless.

Your choice:

Nice > Crappy
Apple > Toshiba

And no Apple laptop has exploded, thank you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom