Athlon 64 X2 3800+ Limits

Status
Not open for further replies.
it's actually quite rare now. it was originally manufactured a few years back and was incredible back then and boy did the overclockers love it, at a time when DDR400 was fast. i think it was last year that Winbond got the fabs making them again but they only made a few batches and quit again. so really now you can only get them second hand. it's also kind of tricky to find as not all manufacturers point out that their memory is using BH-5 chips.

Yea I can get mine to 2.6 also. But it's not stable. I run mine at 2.5 and have since last january probably. And I use a Gigabyte 3-d Rocket pro.

The highest I get is 2.55ghz. I hit 2.6ghz and was unstable as high as 1.55vcore. I accepted 2.5ghz at 1.4v as it was the most stable there. Temps are 31-32C idle and have not seen it go past 44C.

Awesome!
Thanks guys! I got it to 2.5 at 1.45v stable but I had to back the ram down to 5/6. I almost got the ram at 9/10 meaning 225MHz(450 DDR) but even loosening up the ram timings it finally froze under load.
Maybe some ram tweaking and I can keep it at 2.5 with 90% for RAM but unlikely.

mines at 2.5GHz @ 1.325V stable.

32C Idle
52C 2x Prime95 Torture

My ram is 416mhz or something. 2.1V keeps my ram stable too. My Vcore read outs are a bit contradicting though....

Probe: 1.45V
Bios:1.325V
CPU-Z: 1.232V

????????????????????

Overclocking beginnings

here are my system specs...

AMD 3700+ San Diego 2211.332 MHz
CPU multiplyer 11.0x
Asus Premium SLI
EN6800GT
2 g Corsair
Seagate 250 HD
Seagate 120 HD
Stock cooling with large fan/ exhaust port directly over AMD (fan is at rear of case)
500W pws

I am slowly reading all this amazing oc you guys are getting. Don't you guys worry about having ot replace any of it?
I really want to start seeing some performance increase....but dont have the nerve to accidently break it and then be out hundreds of dollars.....any advice?

So far the highest I can hit is 2.945GHz stable, but since I got my new ram I haven't had time to sit down and find the most efficient overclock yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom