Heatsink/fan problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Von Theron

In Runtime
I came back from school today and turned on my computer. Then i went to another room and came back and saw a cpu fan error message while booting up. I looked thro my side panel and saw that the heatsink fan wasent spinning so i turned my pc off. I turned it back on and it started spinning and then the mobo made a series of beeps
then the fan stopped spinning. I turned the computer off again. I unpluged the 3 pin power from mobo's cpu fan slot and put it in another 3 pin slot and the fan was spinning normaly but the fan error came up still but i continue it using this way right now so what can be the problem with the cpu fan 3 pin socket on the mobo. Is it ok if i just use the other 3 pin spot ?

You should check out what beeps were produced and look it up.
I think it should be ok to plug the 3pin into another slot.

Your systemboard no longer sees a cpu fan plugged in now that it is in a different plug. You may want to consider a new motherboard so that it can monitor temperatures and fans speeds properly.

Ahh would anything happen if i just left the 3 pin in another slot. Am i really forced to buying a new motherboard because of this ?

I downloaded speedfan and switched my 3 pin plug back and it wasent working then i lightly touched the fan and it went on so then the speedfan was showing that it was running at 3k rpm then after like 1 min speedfan showed 0rpm and the fan got quiter but remained running....
untitled-5.jpg

It turns on and off by itself.
untitled-7.jpg

Everytime my core temp on speedfan goes over 42.C then the fan speeds up. I know that within the temperatures it speeds increase but it wasent working at all, at one point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom