Eulogy to a Maxtor Hard Drive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice,

Losing that hard drive must have been tough, I suppose it's possible to get attached to a hard drive. Mine stopped working a few weeks back and now I feel bad, because I just trashed it and bought another one. No fine ceremony or anything. Anyway, you have my sympathy and I hope you get over it, I guess no other hard drive will ever fill the boots of that old drive. Just kidding, nice little movie ( a bit slow on my dial-up though).

I was just thinking.. this could be a real winner, you know a business. A smart office and a few nice adds along the lines off " Let your beloved Hard drive pass on with dignity and respect, it's gone to a much better life with all the happy Hard drives in the sky" very touching, some nice flowers, a few well chosen words of respect, a few tears ,then a good few beers to see it on it's way because you know thats what it would have wanted. All for just 2000 dollars, not too much to ask for years of loyal service spinning at 7200 rpm.

My 40GB hard drive just broke; unknown reason.

I bought a 20GB hard drive used from the classified, works well. It's even a WD!

Thats the problem with hard drives...

Thats the scarey thing about hard drives, sometimes you at least get some sort of warning, like slowing down or getting noisy, then other times they just stop working. I try to back up on to a spare drive I have connected, but it's still a major inconvenience when the pc wont boot for whatever reason and it needs a complete re-install. Anyway, did you get a good deal on the drive? Sometimes I wonder if its worth buying a used or second hand drive, as they are pretty cheap new now.

Haha poor hdd... there is not much to break anyway, and I'd rather keep it for display purposes (ice breaker at parties: "Have you ever seen the inside of a hard drive?")

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom