Need Second Oppin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

WyoStoner666

Beta member
Yeah so i took my computer with me on a 2 day long road trip from cali to wyoming (im going to college there). well when i finally got to wyo i hooked up my comp and than after using it for a while the screen would become all distorted and than would finally RESTART. after a while every time i would turn on the comp, it would only stay on for a few seconds, i could tell cuz all the fans would go on, but than everything would shut down and when i had the onboard speaker it would buzz at me untill i unplugged the computer. My only guess is that the Power supply went out. anyone have any other guesses?

okay so i took out my video card and just tried to start it up, and same deal. all the fans turn on than after 5 seconds everything turns off, all fans at once, and than the beeping starts again. :-/

The beeps tell you (sometimes) what the error is. What is the beep sequence? How many, etc. But beeping always means a hardware problem.

it almost sounded like a sirin. each beep or "eerrrtt" is about 1 second long and it just repeats..... "eerrt eerrt eerrt eerrt eerrt". i rememeber a while back when i would leave my comp on for a while a few weeks ago and sometimes this would happen, but pulling the plug would always "fix" it.

I noticed you said that you took the computer on a 2 day long road trip. It may be just a bad connection, say on the psu, check the ram is secure, processor, in fact anything plugged in or connected. Even check the screws if there are any on the mobo as some of them are used for chassis grounding, make sure they are secure. Check the main power cable as well.

actually i took my whole computer apart and put it back together. so i dont thin its a bad connection. i made sure all wires were in the right place and yeah.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom