questions about OC'ing, easy ones...

Status
Not open for further replies.

vipercrazed

In Runtime
im using super pi 32m to stress test for now,
while it is doing its thing the screen flickers a couple times, its my guess that its just the screen saver going on and back off real quick, i guess super pi stops if the screen saver goes on so it has an autoshutoff, maybe i dunno... i just hope its not a error or anything

another little problem, from 2.0 to a 2.18 OC, the ram always ran at the same as cpu,
now when i upped the cpu fsb to 2.21, the ram stayed down to 1.84(or 184 mhz, i dont know the difference really) and the cpu is still at 2.21 no problem, is it runing on a ratio by itself? i thought you have to do that yourself? guess not...(im using cpu-z for ram clock, and aibooster, cpu-z for fsb)

in cpu-z it says: FSB-DRAM = CPU/12, what ratio is that?( i think stock was cpu/10)

may it of done this because the ram isnt overclockable enough?

ill put up a screen shot if it sounds wierd.

and if im not doing something right tell me, im just raising the cpu fsb on my a8n32, its confusing, i havent touched the ram timings or anything 133, 266, stuff like that i dont really know. i thought if i overclocked like that the ram would be always a different clock than the cpu(which is bad)
( the clock in my sig was from clockgen a while back)

lol oops, im rasing the "cpu fsb"(on a8n32 that is the htt or w/e it raises everything), but the ram isnt keeping up with the cpu
im guessing its on a ratio cause it should OC alot more, its OCZ

i just wanted to know what could be a factor for the slower ram and how i can speed it up

well bios are up to date i know that, i really dont like to even look thorugh the ram settings cause there is sooo many words i dont know :), ill try

Hmm, well I posted a reply to this earlier but apparently it didn't post...

Make sure the RAM is running at DDR400 speeds in the DRAM configuration.

thanks for the tip, there is no initial ratio list in the bois, its based on the 100, 133, 166, 200, 250 that stuff. since yesterday ive gotten my 3200 to 2.4, changing the mem(i took it off auto) to ddr 200(well it says 200 in the bios, but since its double im guessing its ddr 400), made it run at 2.4 also so im happy, well see what happens when i go higher....

and now i got a spuer pi of 38.2 :)
compared to 44.2 when the cpu was at 2.32

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom