Woot just recieved rma!

Status
Not open for further replies.

NosBoost300

I poop on the rug
alright, my e6600 is finally in..... only because i could not use my paypal its not being shipped to my house... lol.. its at my friend house a couple blocks down....

sadly because of that i will not be using it for another 6 or 7 hours....

i'm hoping all goes well this time because nothing has been recently!!!

anyway... i'll ask some basic question, because maybe i was doing something wrong before

with lga 775, there's nothing fancy about putting in the cpu is there??? just, let it fall into the pins correct? then just lock the latch down and put on the hsf?

and for raptor owners!!! (i just got one!!) how long does it take to install windows with it?

e6600 owners, what seems to be the limit of oc'ing, and what kinda voltages and temps did you see... (i'm on stock hsf :( )

if i can reach 3.09 ghz on my opteron 146... i'm hoping i can suicide run 4.0 ghz on a conroe!

Great, now is the time of my demise as the SuperPI 1M record holder. :(

Okay, you should check out "Core 2 Duo overclocking thread" as it has a lot of information, read it all the way through to get a feel of what Idiotech and I did, and others' as well.

http://techist.com/showthread.php?threadid=119945

The highest I could get mine was 3.5ghz at 1.5v, I think I'm going to stick it back in my DS3 and give it another run though. :p

ya, i've been keeping up with the most of it.. because i wanted to know how it oc'd before hand.. and i'm very impressed by it.. it seems overwhelmingly easy to overclock it.. easily hitting the 400 mhz mark of the ram...

its been a while since i've been in the oc game.. and never worked with pentium.. but from what i'm seeing, i'm guessing its pretty easy...

after all my stupid money problems... i may consider water cooling

ya.. the computer i sent got all banged up by ups.. and the video card fell out of its socket and took the sound card out with it... (stupid heavy x1900xt).... sounds like the sound card still works though, the drivers just won't install for the guy... so i gotta refund him 400 dollars.. of course he's sending back the x1900xt and x-fi.. hopefully i can get those to work so i can get off this 7300 gt that i have...

i noticed i said pentium up there... lol... same crap, but anyway, i take that back, i overclocked a celeron for my cousin.. took it from 2.0 ghz, to 2.2... only because that was as far as the ram would let me take it.. and the crappy mobo had no options on changing dividers or voltage.. lol.. it actually made a big difference performance-wise though

sadly no.. no i didnt, i didnt have that extra like 5 bucks at the time so i couldnt... so i'm stuck paying back 400 dollars... and another life lesson learned... lol

well techie's bad news!!! ****ing thing came in... and still the son of a ***** didnt work........ i guess it was the **** mobo this whole **** time!!!!

stupid thing still does the same crap... stays on for a second.. i hear the hdd's going up, the cd drive is loading.. all the fans are spinning... then.. BOOM shut off....

i'm getting really impatient with this crap... things are just going terrible for me.. and it sucks!!!

okay.. imma try to rma this damned mobo... i'm hoping this will solve it all... if it doesnt.. then dammit, imma turn it all in and stick to socket 939!!

Sure your Heatsink and fan are ok? i got this AMD Ath XP Socket A, and i had probs with overheating and i switched to my friends old heatsink fan and the fan its self was broken and i would start the comp the fans and ever thing would start but then it would just shut down. Now i have a antec and it runs perfect. I dunno if thats your prob just takeing a guess.

hehe

last computer I built (for myself was pentium pro days...dual cpu baby)...then couple years later athlon for my sis. Then a year later e6600 for me...all with no probs.

what u ppl doin? :D

you can ship it to my work...I'll look at it...then ship it back to ya. Post paid both ways of course :p

you in Cal, me in Fla

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom