new pc....what do ya think?

Status
Not open for further replies.
If you want AMD then AM2 is the way to go. But since core 2 is out AMD is a thing of the past until they get something bigger and better. And I don't know too much about the video card but I have a BFG 7600GT OC and it's awesome I can't ask for more.

Man I really feel bad for this guy. In the future post your plans on the boards se we can help you out man. You spent alot more than you needed to but its still an ok build. Dont get to discouraged.

ya... don't be too down about everything, i'm sure those 2 graphics cards wil do fine.. should be running like a 6800gt or so with those 2 cards together.. which isnt bad, will still run through todays games nicely

as for sticking to s939, who cares what the others say... lol... 940 means more expensive ram.. and slightly more expensive cpu's... well alot more if you want the 2mb cache versions

i won't complain about your mobo, cpu choice, i think it was a pretty good one

as for video card.. its not horrible... but coulda had a 7900 gt :(

i saw a complain that the card was large on there.. lol.. that person needs to be hit with something.... that card is tiny compaired to the g70 series of cards. (7800's) also.. compaired to the x1900 series those are tiny as well

"Its 939. They stopped making 939 processors and are moving on to am2. "
- I'd like to see where you got this imformation from, I honestly didn't know they stopped makeing them.

A 4800+ is a great proc, don't listen to them. That's more then enough CPU then you need and will need for awhile. And you should of picked up anything in the 7 series over the 6.

You don't need AM2 unless you want to use DDR2 mem. And at this point in time, you don't really benefit from it. If you want to build a computer and "future" proof it, in a way, and want to be able to upgrade to DDR2, then you'd want to get AM2.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom