should i wait?

Status
Not open for further replies.

nirvana1234

Baseband Member
hey yall, in the near future i will be having a local computer store build me a custom gaming rig. i love to play battlefeild 2 and well...my comp cant even handle 1.5 counter strike

i already have talked to the place about what i will be puitting in the comp but im not sure if i should hold out on buying it and wait for windows vista to come out.

well vista is going to cost 400 dollars for the home edition... (ouch) and its going to have dx10.... and if bf2 is all that you will be playing, then no, you don't need to wait on anything, just go right for it

and if you don't mind, could you list whats going to be in your computer?

i havent gottin into the final details with the guy yet so i cant get into specifc brands and stuff of that nature. but the store i am getting it from is very respectable and builds al the gaming PCs for a local computer gaming arena

her is the basis of what im working with
here

instead of the 3800 im gonig to put in a 4200
itll be 2GB memory instead of 1
and the graphics card is going to be changed to a 7900GT

i will be playing BF2,FEAR, maybe half 2, WoW, and homeworld 2

i will also be doing some music producing, nothing serious tho

Thats not a good deal. That site looks a little sketchy, I hope the stores in better shape. LOL

That site looks like a scam site. Those parts are way overpriced anyway. Build your computer and save some money.

its not an online store, thats just their site, they are a store in my town.
but yea i have no clue on how to actually build the computer...

ok, i forgot i have a friend that can build it for me so any suggestions on hardware. like i said i have $1500 but i need monitor so that brings it down to $1200ish

im not really big into computers components but since i am building one i have been reading up on stuff. not nearly close to being fully educated on the subject but i have an idea

already said this but yes for playing games

mainly FEAR,BF2 and maybe half 2(CS:S) and homeworld2

i will also be doing some music priducing but nothing serious

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom