yay phase change is on the way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
sounds pretty kooshy, those gov contracts give em plenty to spread around :D we make some stuff for u guys... F-15, 767, 737, CH-47... mostly oil coolers

cwiz said:
i'm a mechanical engineer... i just graduated last spring.
my capstone was to design a solar powered refrigeration and airconditioning unit so i have alittle experience. most of the info comes ...

Where did you go to school? I'm working on my BSME at Baylor right now. :D

cwiz said:
r404 is a blend of r134a, HFC-143A, HFC-125... for the record

straight r134a does not look as promising... at least not at those pressures...

i may be wrong, but i'm pretty sure R134a is typically used at much lower pressures.
the saturation temperature (aka the temperature that it becomes a vapor... aka boiling) at 174psi is about 47*C. at say 27psi, it has a saturation teof 0*C

yes, r134a would boil at much lower pressure than r404a. therefore keeping danger :)p) down at production. :)

wtk pro l said:
yes, r134a would boil at much lower pressure than r404a. therefore keeping danger :)p) down at production. :)

Thats not the only reason that low pressures are preffered. you also have to consider if the system were to get a leak. you would rather atmospheric air be drawn in rather than a HFC compound be blown out of the system. either way your system is no good, but in the latter case, you dont have chemicals in your breathing air!

btw, i went to ohio northern university. its a small private school. where is baylor?

ok first run,, im just in bios. at 1.65v i can hit 3.4ghz. Will try and go higher later today, wont post when i try 3.6 which is my goal. Will up the voltage more.. hmmmm wonder if i dont have it set right.. running at 3.4ghz@1.65,,, bios says the chip is at 65*F.... i figure it would still be below freezing

i actually switched back to the mobo in this signature.. everywher eon the net i am seeing says that the voltage on the cpu can go up to 1.8.... mine only goes to 1.55.... hope a bios upgrade fixes it

figured out how to crank the voltage up more.

yayyyyyyy fx 60 running@3.6ghz@ -7*C

well it posted,, havnt installed an os yet

one thing though cwiz... the tube that goes from the unit to the cpu is in a sleeve... it has wire wrapped around inside it.. Is that to prevent kinking or is a wire that heats up to prevent condensation?

The bios says it is still at subzero.. yet the block is super hot. And the condenser is still at Negative 47C

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom