Audio problems very frustrating

Status
Not open for further replies.

compu-dude

Baseband Member
Audio problems

Hey all,

I was wondering if I could get some help regarding a problem with my sound. Whenever I try to play music on my comp (doesn't matter if its a CD or music that I ripped to the hard drive) I get really garbled and distorted sound. I have tried all of the options I could think of and its still screwing up. When I play games, the music in the game is the same way but the sound fx all work just fine. I'm wondering if it could be a problem with my CD-ROM drive? Or with my sound card. Although I don't know how my sound card could be messing this up if it plays games fine.

Anyways, thanks for any help anyone can give me.

Sound and XP

Hi - hope I'm posting OK (newbie poster here)

Are you aware that the supplied drivers with XP don't work with the SB Live cards.

Check this out as a starter.

Also Creative appear to think they own IRQ5 - SBcards DO often respond better if pampered with IRQ5, god knows why.

Has anyone/cat/leak dampened the spkrs?

hmmm just noticed the 'Works fine with games' note..... Is it possible you have a games effect (dunno what they're called - d on't do games) left switched on?

hth

i read a post where they spoke about latencies of the hard drive and sound card. perhaps that may be the cause.

the second reason maybe rf intereference from the power or hard disk. if your sound card is sitting right next to your power supply, move it down. try to shield it some way

Are you aware that the supplied drivers with XP don't work with the SB Live cards.

Check this out as a starter.

Are you saying that I need to download drivers from MS or Creative?

the second reason maybe rf intereference from the power or hard disk. if your sound card is sitting right next to your power supply, move it down. try to shield it some way

Stuff has worked fine before

Latency problem (see what you mean) only affected VIA boards (AMD)

To Play an Audio CD using your SB Live!, try the following:
Go to Start - Programs - Creative - Creative Launcher

From the Launcher taskbar, select Sound Blaster Live! - PlayCenter (2)

From the PlayCenter or PlayCenter 2, select the Media option (CTRL+ E)

Check the mixer setting for Audio CD under Start - Programs - Creative - Creative Launcher - AudioHQ - mixer

Play the Audio CD using the PlayCenter dropdown menu

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom