Newly Built System not starting up

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobo777

Solid State Member
I recently finished building my first computer, and when I turned it on for the first time I had nothing come up on the monitor and the CD-ROM did not respond. Everything else seemed to work, for example the fans and lights where on and the HDD indicator was blinking. I have a Video card, not an onboard video outlet and there are no other cables that need to be plugged in for the video card, it just needs to be plugged into the motherboard. And also about the CD-ROM, when I unplugged the data cable it had power and the drawer would open, and when I plugged it back in the LED went out and it would not respond again. I really don't get that one. Please help me! I can't wait to use my new machine, it's really cool and the machine i'm using now is falling apart slowly.
Thank you .

do the fans stay on? or does everything quit? what is your specs? the more info you give the more they can help

Same ****......

Same **** is happening to me on my new build man, turn it on, everything seems to work, all fans come on but the cd drive seems to have no power and I get no signal to my monitor :(, I know I have enough power because I'm running a 550w PSU. Tried calling the manufacturers of some of my equipment and they don't know ****......
thinking it might be our mobos :(, if so that sucks cause its brand freaking new and i'm tired of waiting, sure as **** don't wanna wait on an RMA. If I figure out whats wrong I'll be sure to let you know, think you could return the favor if perhaps you figure it out?

Here's my build:
Asus A8N32-SLI Deluxe Motherboard
2gigs of Kingston HyperX RAM
250g & 80g Western Digital SATA Hard Drives
2 Geforce 7600 GT OC Grahpics Cards
AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual-Core Processor 4800 Socket 939
Cooler Master Realpower 550w PSU

tomc102968 said:
another suggestion i read is strip your machines down to the bare min and try strating up with that.

I second that, I never build a pc then turn it on I just plug the PSU into the mobo with 1 stick of ram and graphics card. That way I can limit any problems to graphics, mobo or ram.

hrm i just recently had a problem and had to rma my cpu

like the others said.. try taking out components and trying individually

first try with ram and cpu in, seeing as those are the only components you need to get a post.. (though you won't be able to see the monitor)

try reseating everything, something may have been put in wrong.

is the 4 pin (box shaped one, not rectangular) plugged into the mobo? same goes for the other 4 pin located near your graphics cards, is that plugged in as well, thtas used for added stability

and kahedros, try what baronvongogo said, try using 1 stick of ram in there first, maybe you grabbed a defective stick... and does your computer stay on, or does it turn on and off? because mine was turning on and off and it was cpu failure..... i tried turning it on with the cpu out and it worked just fine... already got my rma approved and is coming in through ups today

Re: Same ****......

Kahedhros said:
Same **** is happening to me on my new build man, turn it on, everything seems to work, all fans come on but the cd drive seems to have no power and I get no signal to my monitor :(, I know I have enough power because I'm running a 550w PSU.

I had this happen to me last week putting together my new build, as it turns out I needed to plugin the 4-pin ATX power cable as well as the 24-pin ATX power cable, that solved the problem for me. Not sure if this fits into your situation, but I thought I would share it. Good luck!!!

Ya I have the 24 pin and the extra atx plugged in, along with my boards extra 4 pin addition power plug, still no good, and I have tried using 1 stick of RAM at a time with all my sticks, in each different slot, and my cards don't have a power plug on them :(, after today I'm almost positive its my mobo :(, gonna contact Newegg on a RMA hopefully it doesn't take long. Also it does not switch on or off, it just stays on with no video :(. Something I forgot to mention before too, I get no beeps on startup, none whatsoever, this further convinces me that its my mobo

Thank you everybody, wow, what an overwhelming response. This is my first time on a forum. Your guys are great for taking the time to help me out. I think you all have good points. I especially think the thing about plugging in the 4 pin power as well might apply to my because I am getting beeps and there the same beeps no matter what is installed. And my problem seems to be power to the cd and video card, so i'll try that and get back to you tonight. Thanks again to everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom