installing vista???

Status
Not open for further replies.

ecurb16

Solid State Member
i have vista set up files on a separate hard drive and i am wondering if it is possible to boot the setup from the hard drive without being in winows! helpwould be appreciated!

thnx

There are 2 ways, burn a image of the ISO to a DVD or (what I do) is mount the image with Daemon tools and select the partition I want it to install to.

hi there the problem is i dont have a dvd writer and i want to fromat my 80gb hard drive and install off my 5gb is this possibe???

5GB is not big enough for Vista. I think it requires 15GB to install and uses 10GB of that for the final installed version.

As I said, there are only 2 ways to install it. If you don't have XP you need to burn it to a disk.

Also, you can't install 64bit Vista from 32bit XP.

Vista requires at least 20GB for install. If you dont have a DVD Burner what you need to do is use Daemon tools or something like that and extract the ISO to the 5 GB partition. From there run the setup from within XP. It will work then.

My piece of advice dont think you can use Vista as a main OS. I have tried and found myself back in XP many times. Nero doesnt work right, let alone anti-virus apps. No firewall apps isntall. Other software for overclockig doesnt work. Firefox and Opera are both buggy in Vista. So there are many bugs to be ironed out before you can use Vista as a main OS. Hence the term Beta. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom