Help with 2 dvd drives...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jayvon

In Runtime
When I try to put another dvd drive in it doesnt get pass windows boot screen? (except for once, but there were no dvd/cd roms found?)

both the drives are the same samsung models. I even went into bios and try to auto detect the 2nd drive, but it didnt.

Also when I power my computer up I see the lights running on both drives?

Do you know anything about the jumpers on the dvd drives?

one needs to be master, and the other slave...thats my guess.

Yea the first jumper went to the first drive and the second plug on the jumper went to the second drive.

JUMPER not the IDE cable. Jumpers are the little things that are on those tiny metal posts and you need to set those or it isn't going to recognize them.

Oh sorry guys Im a noob at this. Do I need to go out and buy jumper cables, because my dvd writer only came with a cd to install the drivers?

Or are there jumper cables on the PSU?

No, read the manual that came with the thing. A jumper is a little plastic thing that goes on two pins, it is used for settings and things like that, CD-ROM drives have them to set the cable configuration, you need to set them the right way or the drives will not be detected by the BIOS.

So where do I get one of these pins? It never came with the drive. Also does it go on the back of the drive or on the master/slave cable?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom