which processor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mlr

In Runtime
hi i have a asus a7n266-vm motherboard and was wondering if any one can tell me what the biggest size proseser i can upgrade too with this board at the moment its got a 2400 in it pls keep it simple for as i am noob cheers and thanks in advance

thats the card i have kboy but my proccser is only a 2400 what i need to know is how big a processer i can put on the board could i go to say a 3200 also whats the solder mod , i built this comp myself and the processer came with the board

I read the spec's on it & it says it will support Athlon xp "up to 1900 and beyond" Strange, Also the FSB maxes out @266. Be interesting to see what your CPU is actually running at. I think ya might want to get ya a new Mobo Dude. How old is that board? got to be a few years by now. I wouldn't recommend throwing a 3200 chip in it. I don't think it would work on that older board+ ya wouldn't be able to utilize that FSB speed that comes with that 3200. If ya want to be sure just E-mail ASUS & ask them if nobody else shows up here with an opinion.

ive read my manuel and it says it supports upto 1gb of266/200mhz ddr sdram memory i have got two 133 512s in it would it make a differnce if put 2 266 512s in it

i think the ASUS are the best
one i have an INTEL and it is just descusting
i installed games but it do not support them,and errors for the game drivers....wat should i do

dam missed out on another 1

Fahim, what are your PC specs including video card, OS etc..
it may not be your board that's the problem
try finding newer/different drivers here and see if it makes any difference

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom